To have all the new goodies in an existing MintPPC installation do the following (note: it will overwrite your settings):
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
cp -r /etc/skel/.config ~
Logout and login and enjoy!
Extra background pictures can be added by installing mint-backgrounds-tricia.
Installing MintPPC from scratch will give the updated MintPPC as well.
Updates include the following:
* Updated mint-x-icons and mint-y-icons
* Updated mint-lxde-default-settings to have “Software Manager” removed as option from the menu and to have a new Menu icon with the round Linux Mint logo, which ships standard with Linux Mint nowadays, as well as settings for a different wallpaper as default both in Mint-LXDE and in the display manager.
* Updated mint-artwork-lxde with a new logout banner, which I designed myself
* Updated mint-artwork (with new mint logos)
* Updated mint-themes
* included mint-backgrounds-tricia and mint-backgrounds-ulyana (nice HD wallpapers suitable for the desktop)
I refer to the changelog of the corresponding Linux Mint packages for details (the lxde specific packages I maintain myself).
The changes are all about the looks. Under the hood MintPPC is Debian sid.